Duck Breed Focus - Ancona

So,there were 10 eggs this morning and one of them was dark grey. With that many eggs I'm guessing someone is going to start going broody soon?

So,there were 10 eggs this morning and one of them was dark grey. With that many eggs I'm guessing someone is going to start going broody soon?
they will go broody when they decide they have plenty of eggs. The fact they are hiding the eggs is a good one as far as going broody. Mine cover theirs up if they are considering going broody. Best of luck with them, they are wonderful ducks!

Thanks. I've giving them a couple of more days to see if any of them go broody. I understand you can tell which eggs are still good to eat by putting them in water and you only eat the sinkers. Is that correct?

Been baking a lot with them. Wife made Eggs Benedict this morning. Thought they were pretty good. What they taste like depends a lot on what they eat.

I am an Ancona owner wannabe
1f604.png

Hopefully I will be getting some hatching eggs from Al's Quackery in the spring.
I am so EXCITED
I already have 3 Welsh Harlequins, 2 Cayuga and 1 white layer all girls and all from Metzer Farms.
I am wanting Ancona for meat, eggs and breeding. My other girls are just for eggs.
I just LOVE my ducks!!

Last edited:
I am an Ancona owner wannabe
1f604.png

Hopefully I will be getting some hatching eggs from Al's Quackery in the sleeping.
I am so EXCITED
I already have 3 Welsh Harlequins, 2 Cayuga and 1 white layer all girls and all from Metzer Farms.
I am wanting Ancona for meat, eggs and breeding. My other girls are just for eggs.
I just LOVE my ducks!!
Just let me know when you are ready and I can let you know what I've got available!

Back
Top Bottom