Duck Breed Focus - Ancona

I am selling ducklings, but I prefer locals. I'm lovated in north Virginia. I prefer to not be too far away so that I could either meet up or deliver them. I do not know how to and I don't want to ship them, I'm too scared.. They are 10$ per baby

Finally got some Anconas. 7 hens and 1 one drake. I was keeping in the coop while I was putting up the fence and hoping they would get used to it. One of my kids didn't latch the coop properly last night and I woke up to 7 anconas walking around the back yard. One is missing. I hope s/he comes back.

This is my pair that I found on craigslist, are they good quality? I am thinking of breeding to hopefully get some better broken patterns.
Not ideal for breeding.
The left one s too lightly marked and has a very short bill (can't really do a good analysis without a side pic) and the other also has a short bill. You want a more broken pattern, spots on feet and bill, and chest markings

Here's a picture of my gals. Unfortunately the mostly white one in the back is m drake. I'm hoping my eggs which will hatch at the end of month might have a more colorful drake.

Could anyone help me i am wanting to by these ducks they said they they where supposed to be magpie but they turned out to look like ancona's, i was wondering if they are anconas and they said they are both females but the one with more black on the back looks like a female but idk about the other could anyone help me?

I'm trying to get these ducklings I hatched either fostered or the drakes bought for breeding (I really don't want them being killed for food) they are gorgeous. 3 drakes are available (I'm keeping the lavender drake) the chocolate drake, and 2 black drakes are available for either foster care or keeps as long as you are local in north Virginia. The farm I was bringing them to wants them at least 8 weeks old which is too long for me to have them all for. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Could anyone help me i am wanting to by these ducks they said they they where supposed to be magpie but they turned out to look like ancona's, i was wondering if they are anconas and they said they are both females but the one with more black on the back looks like a female but idk about the other could anyone help me?

I would say magpie. They look on the small side for anconas, have dark bills (not very common in anconas) and the markings on the one suggest magpie. The other, since the same size and from the same flock, is likey a mis marked magpie

I was going through my coop this morning to get my 'egg' and didn't see one. I noticed a hole in the straw I have in the coop and under straw and some feathers I found around 6 eggs. Someone else of the 6 is laying eggs. Should I take these out and put them in my incubator or just see if one of the ladies is going to start brooding? Or if they have been there over the last 6 days are they still good to eat? Thanks for your suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom