Duck Breed Focus - Indian Runner

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by sumi, Oct 3, 2015.

1. AimToMisbehave

AimToMisbehave Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2015
    Snohomish, WA
    Duck eggs are unreasonably delicious. I can't wait for my girls to start laying!

1 person likes this.
  2. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 True BYC Addict

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I'll have to try them, they sound so good.

3. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Has anyone made lemon meringue pie with duck eggs?

4. AimToMisbehave

Jul 13, 2015
    Snohomish, WA
    Gwaine and her antics! She's one of the littlest girls, but today she keeps side-bobbing at Zuko (my fat possibly-Cayuga mix drake) and pushing at him with her chest until he gives her a couple pecks to shoo her away. In dogs, I know that kind of posturing is a dominance show, but would my 14-week-old hen really be trying to bully a big honkin' drake? They all grew up together and I only just noticed her doing it today.

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia "I Believe" Premium Member

Maybe she is trying to get his attention.{Flirting} Although if he is the same age she could be trying to dominate him.

6. AimToMisbehave

Jul 13, 2015
    Snohomish, WA

She is; they all hatched on the 4th of July, I got them a week later, and the group has never been separated. She's not doing it to Azula (our more runner-shaped drake), or any of the other hens, so I wonder if she's not picking on him for being the odd duck out... or maybe she's just awkwardly flirting. She seems to really enjoy that side-bobbing this week, sassy little thing -_-

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  7. Miss Lydia

Can you video this I bet it's cute.

8. AimToMisbehave

Jul 13, 2015
    Snohomish, WA

I'll try to! Luckily it doesn't seem to bother Zuko all that much :p I'm also trying to get a video or picture of everyone lining up along the outside wall of the house, trying to hunt the spiders in the siding. They've done it a couple times now, but they give up (or get distracted) pretty quickly, so I haven't managed a good shot yet.

9. Miss Lydia

[​IMG]

10. AimToMisbehave

Jul 13, 2015
    Snohomish, WA
    [Video]
    Gwaine's being a little punk; she bobs and bobs, and then I get the camera out to record, and suddenly she's all business! Azula is growing into such a protective drake, always keeping watch over his flock ♡
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by