Duck Breed Focus - Indian Runner

My most photogenic. She's been the most docile.

EDIT: They grow so fast! It's only been a couple days and I'm already making a new waterer. I can remember which member posted it but I'll post my revised edition when I can.

Last edited:

My spy camera caught Zuko (I'm pretty sure) looking scruffy as usual, but fabulously shiny purple! He and Azula (my two drakes) have been going at it a bit recently, so they're both getting pretty scroungey around the backs of their necks, but Zuko has never been much one for preening, so he's always got a tussled, unkempt look to his feathercoat.

Roguish young man, isn't he?

My spy camera caught Zuko (I'm pretty sure) looking scruffy as usual, but fabulously shiny purple! He and Azula (my two drakes) have been going at it a bit recently, so they're both getting pretty scroungey around the backs of their necks, but Zuko has never been much one for preening, so he's always got a tussled, unkempt look to his feathercoat.

Roguish young man, isn't he?
What beautiful coloring on that roguish young man

All of these runners are so beautiful, I have 5 Runners on order for delivery on May the 25th, 1 black drake 2 blue ducks, and 2 chocolate ducks. I cant wait I have read everything I can on these ducks.

Whichever one of my babyducks is laying right now decided to hang on to today's egg until she was let out of the night pen and could get to the splashy bucket
1f613.png

Lucky thing i saw it before I dumped out the bucket! I don't know whoch of my youngins it is, but she'sgiven me one itty bitty eggs every day this week! (47-52g versus the standard 75-80g average eggs the older girls lay)

Whichever one of my babyducks is laying right now decided to hang on to today's egg until she was let out of the night pen and could get to the splashy bucket
1f613.png

Lucky thing i saw it before I dumped out the bucket! I don't know whoch of my youngins it is, but she'sgiven me one itty bitty eggs every day this week! (47-52g versus the standard 75-80g average eggs the older girls lay)
Keep in mind that egg shells are permeable and when they go from a warmer environment (duck) to a cooler environment (swim pan) they tend to absorb things from their surroundings (swim pan)...
sickbyc.gif
This is why you should always wash an egg in warmer water than the egg (so they don't absorb what you are washing off) and why eggs laid in swim water are never eaten by me
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom