Duck Breed Focus - Indian Runner

Keep in mind that egg shells are permeable and when they go from a warmer environment (duck) to a cooler environment (swim pan)  they tend to absorb things from their surroundings (swim pan)... :sick This is why you should always wash an egg in warmer water than the egg (so they don't absorb what you are washing off) and why eggs laid in swim water are never eaten by me :lau

That's yucky, and good to know!

Can anyone help ... my girl (I think) is nearly 7 weeks and I'm concerned this is the beginning of angel wing ... or some sort of wing problem .. it just seems that one right wing has a bit that sticks out ... please help thank you so much ... she is on growers pellets ... and has a bath every day ... she also goes outside in the garden when she wants although she prefers sleeping on the sofa !!

Can anyone help ... my girl (I think) is nearly 7 weeks and I'm concerned this is the beginning of angel wing ... or some sort of wing problem .. it just seems that one right wing has a bit that sticks out ... please help thank you so much ... she is on growers pellets ... and has a bath every day ... she also goes outside in the garden when she wants although she prefers sleeping on the sofa !!
It looks like it is sticking out a little you might want to wrap for a few days if the flight feathers are just growing in and see if it lays flat. here is a link on how to.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...how-we-wrap-to-mend-it-pictorial#post_8682154

That's not Angel Wing. That's just the primary feathers grown in and the secondary feathers starting grow in. Angel Wing is the primary wing feathers growing out to the side of the body.

I would wait a few more days - sometimes wing feathers growing in can look odd - just familiarize yourself with the wrapping so you'll be ready just in case. Remember not to wrap too tight, if you need to.

And @Miss Lydia are those your new beauties???
love.gif

I would wait a few more days - sometimes wing feathers growing in can look odd - just familiarize yourself with the wrapping so you'll be ready just in case. Remember not to wrap too tight, if you need to.

And @Miss Lydia are those your new beauties???
love.gif
Yep I had 15 hatch well my Muscovy's hatched 15 Runners and 3 Scovy's the 3 Scovy's and 3 Runners went to a new home so I now have 11 adorable Runner ducklings. I am in love @Amiga

Back
Top Bottom