Duck Breed Focus - Rouen

To my untrained eye they DO look like Rouens. The second stripe is there. Gosh, they are pretty!
love.gif

Though I've never personally raised any Rouens, I took care of 2 for a friend for a year while she moved. They are definitely a very docile breed! Besides being calm and friendly, both hens laid an egg a day for 9-10 months out of the year. At some point I would like to get some of my own. They are a great breed!
thumbsup.gif

Yay!!! I finally have a breed being spotlighted! LOL! I have a Rouen drake. He was a TSC duckling, but I know a local breeder and plan to get a few more ducklings in the spring. He will only sell straight run. So, I hope there are a few females in the mix.

(Here is my Rouen drake as a juvenile with the black runner and Cayuga, also drakes.)

(Here he is all grown up(mostly) swimming in the little pond crafted out of a dug hole lined with a camo tarp. lol)

Last edited:
To my untrained eye they DO look like Rouens. The second stripe is there. Gosh, they are pretty!
love.gif
Thanks for the help with identification! I think they are, too. Yes, are are quite the cute pair. Yesterday they went for their first swim in the big pond and loved it. Now they sit by the fence staring lovingly at it. Guess I'll have to sneak them in more often until they are big enough to fend off the black-bellies on their own.

I'll be excited to see how they grow up.
Thanks!

This is Frankie and Lola back in April, the day we brought them home. We didn't have any plans to get ducks but they were too cute to pass up. I will get a picture of them today so you can see how they look now!

Wornoutmomto3, your drake is so pretty! We were hoping for a drake but Frank turned out to be a girl so we renamed her Francine, aka Frankie.

This is Frankie and Lola back in April, the day we brought them home. We didn't have any plans to get ducks but they were too cute to pass up. I will get a picture of them today so you can see how they look now!

Wornoutmomto3, your drake is so pretty! We were hoping for a drake but Frank turned out to be a girl so we renamed her Francine, aka Frankie.
love.gif
I wouldn't have been able to pass them up either. They are adorable!

This is Frankie and Lola back in April, the day we brought them home. We didn't have any plans to get ducks but they were too cute to pass up. I will get a picture of them today so you can see how they look now! Wornoutmomto3, your drake is so pretty! We were hoping for a drake but Frank turned out to be a girl so we renamed her Francine, aka Frankie.
I love it when they give you that "look" lol

Your little ones are adorable. I was hoping for females and received all drakes. lol. (I keep ending up with drakes no matter where I go. lol) I can't rehome these three (not that I would want to) because my boys (3) are very attached to the duck boys (3).
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom