Duck chat!!!

Hi guys, I have two 20 week old Call Ducks who have a house on an island which is situated in the middle of my pond. They go in and out of it in the day, but they won't go in at night unless I walk over and put them in. Any ideas on how I can teach them to go inside on their own? Thanks :)

I began my duck adventure with my one pet muscovy duck called Nibbler, sweetest girl ever, came running to sit in my lap when I went outside. She was taken by an eagle last year while defending her duckling (the gorgeous white drake in the pic). I was devastated, still brings a lump to my throat thinking about it.

This year I managed to hatch 3 and then 9 ducklings by incubation. The first three are super-tame and adorable. Unfortunately all male, meaning I have to sell one. The other nine are nice duckies too, 7 weeks now, so eager to find out if they're boys or girls!

I love my muscovies, they're so friendly and curious! If I'm doing something outside, they're right there to inspect. Try building something with these guys helping!
DSC_0009_mod.jpg

right now i own 2 Swedish ducks, and there terrified of me. but am trying to tame them also am getting a runner duck which am super excited about. but my two Swedish ducks names are quackers and nibbles. i think there both females telling from there voice.
Runner ducks are shaky! They tear up the barnyard and create havoc all around. My runner is pencil neck. He,s a real joke! Never a dull moment.

Hi guys, I have two 20 week old Call Ducks who have a house on an island which is situated in the middle of my pond. They go in and out of it in the day, but they won't go in at night unless I walk over and put them in. Any ideas on how I can teach them to go inside on their own? Thanks :)
Wait till dark they will go in by themselves. Should lock them up though most prediters can swim.

I have two white pekin ducks that I have had for about three weeks now.... was wandering what your suggestions on bedding?

***** I should mention I keep them in the house

Back
Top Bottom