Duck coops!

Here is mine. It is pine 2x4s with cedar fence boards for siding. It currently houses five ducks from dusk to dawn (they free-range in the fenced garden during the day). It took me many months to build but I am happy how it turned out. I especially enjoy having storage for hay, shavings, and food, above the sleeping quarters. The mesh is currently covered in plastic sheeting for the winter.View attachment 3368059View attachment 3368061View attachment 3368062View attachment 3368063
Very nice looking good.

This is our coop/pen setup now housing 17 runners. Not as pretty as others, but it's versatile. The ducks can be kept in separate quarters or together. There is a greenhouse that is dedicated to duck use in winter and where I grow peppers in summer. They have multiple places to get out of the weather, though they mostly prefer being in the sheltered outside area, in the straw. There are lots of private places to lay eggs. There's a large area outside the pen where the pools are kept that is covered with netting and can be easily fenced to create a yard for the ducks if we have another eagle fest this spring. Otherwise they have about an acre in the back yard to free range.
Love the ability to separate to different areas very nice.

This is our coop/pen setup now housing 17 runners. Not as pretty as others, but it's versatile. The ducks can be kept in separate quarters or together. There is a greenhouse that is dedicated to duck use in winter and where I grow peppers in summer. They have multiple places to get out of the weather, though they mostly prefer being in the sheltered outside area, in the straw. There are lots of private places to lay eggs. There's a large area outside the pen where the pools are kept that is covered with netting and can be easily fenced to create a yard for the ducks if we have another eagle fest this spring. Otherwise they have about an acre in the back yard to free range.
This is beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom