Duck crying?

ekop31100

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 8, 2014
I have a khaki campbell and a black swedish duck. I noticed that after my khaki got out of the water, she was grooming herself and it looked like she was crying because there were what looked like tears coming out of her eyes! What is this? Is it bad?

If it is just for a few minute after swimming I would not worry. But if it continues, I would get some Vetericyn spray and mist her face a few times a day - they can get something called foamy eye - an infection that if caught early is not a huge worry. With my ducks I have found catching things early makes it much less traumatic all around.

Yes it is only for a few minutes after she gets out of the pool. It doesn't really worry me, I just thought it was strange. Thank you for your help!

That's normal. They kinda sing as they clean the water off. Weep weep weep.. It just means they are happy, almost like a cat purring. Mine are full grown and they all still do it when they are happy. They will swim then clean off singing then take a nap and repeat the cycle.

Back
Top Bottom