duck egg 13 days ahead of others

quackkquack_

Songster
Jun 30, 2022
Hello! First, wanted to say I'm new here so hello : D
Second thing, I've got a question about my Call duck eggs!

I ordered some Call duck eggs off of Ebay (either 8 or 9 eggs) and only two survived, one ended up being infertile (or it got damaged inside along the way here, dunno) so currently I have one egg on day 15. The person we bought from sent us 6 more eggs due to the ones that didn't survive. We just got those 6 eggs on Thursday.

So my question is since on day 25 they go into lockdown and I'm not supposed to open the incubator, I still have 6 eggs to turn everyday once Newt (the egg on day 15) goes into lockdown and I'm afraid Newt may die during lockdown since I have to open the incubator and turn the other eggs.
We don't have another incubator and I'm afraid we may not be able to get another so what should I do? Is there another way around this or do I have to risk Newt's life?

@nuthatched what about humidity? I know the humidity needs to be boosted during lockdown. Would that kill the other eggs?
Also if I need to assist an egg and there's not enough humidity in the room to keep it moist, would it keep moist if I used a wet paintbrush/q-tip to keep it moist?

@nuthatched what about humidity? I know the humidity needs to be boosted during lockdown. Would that kill the other eggs?
Also if I need to assist an egg and there's not enough humidity in the room to keep it moist, would it keep moist if I used a wet paintbrush/q-tip to keep it moist?
if you're quick with turning, the humidity should recover quickly. Or just wait until these are done. It's a tricky situation

Back
Top Bottom