Duck egg air sac/humidity, am I doing this right??? (pictures attached)

They are a funny bunch. Muscovy don't quack, they trill and make quiet little noises. These were hatched by their mama. Muscovy like water but don't seem to need as much water as other ducks do.

Attachments

• received_1920796477973217[1].jpeg
    received_1920796477973217[1].jpeg
    480.3 KB · Views: 13
They really only need the water for baths - to keep pests off them and for drinking with food - that they need a lot for.

I love my muscovies, and they're spoiled rotten. They aren't mallard derived, they're totally their own breed, rather than a different type of duck, and they're flyers. They love to perch on everything - including my head. The females trill and make other quiet noises, unless they're scared then they are kinda loud with their vocals. The males his and huff - mostly huff - and if they bond with you... they love to cuddle if they get used to it.

Muscovy's are very laid back more like puppy dogs. Drakes can be a handful during breeding season but so are most other breed of ducks. Drakes are just drakes no matter the species.
One thing different about Muscovy drakes is they do not gang rape they defiantly don't want another Muscovy drake any where near them so they aren't going to get in a pool with one and a female. They are fighters too. I will only keep one Muscovy drake now after many years of having more than one it's just too stressful on the flock and on me to try and keep the drakes from constantly going at it. But I have found out that My Muscovy drake will live peacefully with another drake of another breed. They are a breed I will always have I love their personality and that they are quiet they do fly really good so I have to keep wings clipped since where we live is not safe for them to be outside of fencing. I also have Runners and Buffs and am very partial to these breeds too. Actually I don't think there is a breed of duck out there I don't like.:)

Last edited:
Forgot to post! We've got 3 more :jumpy:love

2 people didn't follow through with agreement so I just bought whatever ones I could find and they're soo cute - just mutts. I'll find the email again as I can't remember what they are:th

Still quite nervous but we're getting there

*any recommendations on which powdered yeast to add to food* I've read about the difference in brewers vs nutritional- any thoughts

Here they are the minute I got them out of her box and into mine - no names yet

20180801_140041.jpg

** recommendations as in - I'm worried that they're not getting enough when I mix with water. I'd like to find a powder to add to food ** any good brands? Amazon. Walmart? Somewhere? Nutritional vs brewers?

Sometimes peep looks a little shaky :confused:

They really only need the water for baths - to keep pests off them and for drinking with food - that they need a lot for.

I love my muscovies, and they're spoiled rotten. They aren't mallard derived, they're totally their own breed, rather than a different type of duck, and they're flyers. They love to perch on everything - including my head. The females trill and make other quiet noises, unless they're scared then they are kinda loud with their vocals. The males his and huff - mostly huff - and if they bond with you... they love to cuddle if they get used to it.

My mom is actually very curious on having a couple muscovys! I'll share this info .. we might be looking to add a couple more once we finish the new duck coop - want to make sure we've got enough room

They are adorable and what a nice mix too. I use Nutritional yeast it has more niacin unit than brewers yeast I buy mine on Amazon. But you can buy it at health food store too.

That's what I read but had to make sure .. "cause everything on the internet is true" she said with sarcasm :lau

I'll pick some up soon for all the babies :D

Back
Top Bottom