Duck Egg Hasn’t Piped

I can’t hold my hand very steady but I could try, does it work if I put it in water or could that rub off the layer of protection
NEVER EVER put a hatching egg into the water. It can drown the developing baby. Wait a few more days to see if the duckling has fully formed and started to shake and then quote this post again.

NEVER EVER put a hatching egg into the water. It can drown the developing baby. Wait a few more days to see if the duckling has fully formed and started to shake and then quote this post again.
The duckling isn’t hatching yet, it hasn’t even piped.

Wait a few more days if they don't hatch by at 34 or 35 discard them
Could I help them by day 34 if there is still a chance?
You could if you would like but it can be risky since it may cause the duckling to bleed so you'll have to peel the shell away very carefully

You could if you would like but it can be risky since it may cause the duckling to bleed so you'll have to peel the shell away very carefully
Hi again, it’s currently day 33 and almost all of the ducks have internally piped. It’s been 19 hours or more since the first one piped, should I make an air hole? Or do they take more than a day to externally pip? Thanks

Hi again, it’s currently day 33 and almost all of the ducks have internally piped. It’s been 19 hours or more since the first one piped, should I make an air hole? Or do they take more than a day to externally pip? Thanks
Congrats! I would wait and see if they made a visible crack in a few hours if they did give them another 5 more/less hours and they should be done hatching you should only interfere with them if it's been 45+ hours and they only made a small external pip and if that happens please feel free to start a conversation with me or I'll start one with you so I can help you.

Back
Top Bottom