Duck Egg Question

Chik-N-Crazy

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Currie, NC
Ok, so I went to pick up some turkey eggs yesterday. The lady that I bought them from was very sweet. She left them out for me since she wasn't going to be home. She put a duck egg in there free for me, just to be nice!
big_smile.png

The problem-- I have no idea how to incubate it, or even what kind it is. It is not very large, around turkey size, it's white, almost as if you could see through it. Since it was an egg and I have hatching fever right now, I put it in with my turkey eggs. My plan is to add chicken eggs next week to hatch out at the same time.
wink.png

Does anyone know what kind of egg it could be, and is it hard to hatch multiple types like this?
Thanks!!
jumpy.gif
:jumpy:jumpy

Don't know what kind of duck egg it is; my mallard eggs are a light blue/green color. I hatch duck and chicken eggs together and haven't had any problems. Like you, I start the duck eggs a week earlier so everybody hatches at once.

Kathy in Texas
www.CountryChickens.com

Mine do. My duck eggs are white and almost see thru at the top...they are Swedish and sometimes a grayish one that is Cayuga. I don't get many of those. I put all eggs together...chicken, duck, guinea. Same temps and humidity. I've hatched them ok; I keep written calendars right under the incubator in a drawer with which eggs are in there and each day each type of egg is on. So then on day 18 or 25, I move them into my other 1588 (the hatcher one.) Good Luck with it! Take pics if you can and let us see it? Maybe it'll look familiar to someone.
Lisa

Yeah that's what it looks like, almost like you can see the yolk. I've never seen an egg like it. So it could be a swedish? Is that what I would look up to find a pic?

Back
Top Bottom