Duck Eggs day 29

1.1 ounce

That is 31 grams! Definitely Call duckling size... could be a mixed bantam duck though, or the eggs came from very young ducks, early layers? If you still have communication issues with her, see if you can get pics of the parents, maybe? Could tell a lot from those... :)

:love :love

Bill is a bit long, but that can happen... or could be mixed... but those are tiny little feet too!

Color looks to be bibbed, black with wildtype under it... will look most likely like blackish colored, but a 'rusty' bleed through...

It is super cute! The bill is a tad long for a Call - but like Ravyn said that can happen if it's mixed or someone just hasn't really been breeding for short bills. The tiny eggs sure do look like Calls to me!

I actually do keep my Calls in with larger ducks - they live with a pekin female and a welsh harlequin male, who are a pair. My WH drake is very calm and adores the Calls, and since he's very bonded to his Pekin mate I'm not that worried about him trying to mate with a little Call female. Plus the Calls have a 'guard goose' that grew up with them and I have no doubt if the WH male tried to get rough with any of them that gander would step in immediately and set him straight.

Those are the only reasons I feel fine with them being together. Otherwise, I'd have them separate. With a pekin drake that could easily crush this little one if it turns about to be a female or seriously hurt him if he's a male and they fight, probably best not to keep them together.
×2 on what these ladies said:)
Looks like at least part call duck to me.
Don't beat yourself up about the ones you lost:hugsit probably wasn't even anything you done. . even my broody mama only hatched 3 out of 12 her first hatch. They just seem to have a hard time of it.
The one that made it sure is a cutie!
You could try giving it a mirror and a stuffed animal or feather duster when you need a break from having a hitchhiker in your bra :p
The things we do for love :love

Turns out she got the eggs from someone else, so she doesn't know what the adult ducks look like. Oh well. It's cute anyway. The chick she gave me is twice the ducklings size, but they are getting along well. The duckling is already super friendly and runs around when she sees me and love chest rubs. It's pretty dang cute.

20171129_170007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom