Duck eggs in lockdown - how high too high for humidity?

wannabfarmgirl

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 17, 2009
South Carolina
I put my 22 duck eggs in lockdown earlier today....I have an LG, no fan. I haven't made it this far before (only tried once before). I have cheeping, rocking, and 4 pips already! I sooooo excited (cough, cough - I mean, my KIDS are excited, lol). I put a wet rag in there, based on what I've read, and the humity was up to 90%. I took out one of the plugs and it's down to 83%. Is that okay? The temp, for some reason, has been running lower, so I have it wrapped in towels - I'm scared to touch the knob this late in the game!

How high is too high for them?

hi hehehe you are as exited as your kids ar ei bet hehehhe i heard 70 to 75% for ducks its the ideal humidity but im not sure im on lockdown now with 2 pips chikem eggs and my humidity it has stayed on 60% everyone her e tell me that im good but for ducks 70 75 i heard here!

smile.png

Quote:
My husband keeps laughing at me - I keep checking on them! Everytime I go, the kids want to, and then the whole excitement train starts again!
smile.png
I don't know how to bring the humidity down. I know if it's too low it can hurt them - I just haven't figured out if you can have it too high.

Back
Top Bottom