Duck Eggs in Lockdown - Peeping but no pips?

Pics
Can you explain what you mean about the membrane turning darker? Is it a dark colored duckling? The membrane itself should look clear, like plastic wrap. Are there any/many blood vessels visible?

It does not look like plastic wrap... I'll see if i can get a picture. Can't see any blood vessels. I just dabbed the membrane with the coconut oil, not much. The duckling looks brown/black but I don't think that is why the membrane looks dark colored

Being at 48 hours, you have a couple options. You can wait, of course. Or you could remove the shell over the air cell, and see what's going on. I'm guessing the dark membrane is either because the duckling is dark colored, or it didn't lose enough moisture and there might still be some goo in there.

here's a pic: the little yellow thing is her beak...

IMG_7579.JPG

I'm pretty sure her air sac was like the others so I don't think it is a moisture issue, she is hatching opposite the air sac so I can't really check...

The dark membrane is where I removed the shell an dabbed a bit of coconut oil

FINALLY!!!!

:celebrate:wee:clap:ya:woot:jumpy:bun:yesss::highfive:

Here's the little bugger:
IMG_1154.JPG

He started zipping at 3:00 and finally hatched right now. I had to give him a little help in breaking the membrane because even after zipping all the way around, he was just pushing and could not rip the membrane so I went in with tweezers. He's peeping his head off the silly thing.

9 out of 9 healthy hatches on my first try. I'm going to call it a day :D

Back
Top Bottom