Duck Eggs in Lockdown - Peeping but no pips?

Pics
Oh ok. The wrong ender is on a corner so I can't really see how its doing or take a picture to show you guys :hmm It pipped right where the "bruise" was

I was afraid that's what the "bruise" was. It happens, but at least he pipped on his own.

The problem with wrong-end pippers is now the air cell is still closed and taking up part of the shell space, crowding him even more. You traced air cells, right? Is it one that the air cell stayed kinda flat near the fat end, or did it slope drastically?
Plus, not using the air cell and internally pipping first, means more wait time.....

I was afraid that's what the "bruise" was. It happens, but at least he pipped on his own.

The problem with wrong-end pippers is now the air cell is still closed and taking up part of the shell space, crowding him even more. You traced air cells, right? Is it one that the air cell stayed kinda flat near the fat end, or did it slope drastically?
Plus, not using the air cell and internally pipping first, means more wait time.....
Can I ask something?..I had one that the air cell was at the pointy end and it hatched but was slow...

Makes sense, the pip area looks dark. The wrong ender is the one in the corner, air cell looks normal to me...

IMG_3305.JPG

Can I ask something?..I had one that the air cell was at the pointy end and it hatched but was slow...

I guess its possible for the air cell to be in the smaller end, just not common. Either way, you want them to pip in/near the air cell, wherever it may be, so they can get that piece of membrane out of the way.

Makes sense, the pip area looks dark. The wrong ender is the one in the corner, air cell looks normal to me...

View attachment 1278726

Bottom right corner?? I think it looks fine. But look at the lowest line on the lower left one. I'd be more concerned if that one pipped the wrong end, because of the lower droop in the air cell. Just keep a close eye on it.

I guess its possible for the air cell to be in the smaller end, just not common. Either way, you want them to pip in/near the air cell, wherever it may be, so they can get that piece of membrane out of the way.
I have never seen an air cell at the small end. :idunno Not saying it's impossible, just not likely or not common (like you said :oops:).

I have never seen an air cell at the small end. :idunno Not saying it's impossible, just not likely or not common (like you said :oops:).

I've seen ones that are almost equal size ends, that I had to candle to find the air cell, and I had guessed the wrong end. :oops:
Never seen it in one with an obviously smaller end.

Back
Top Bottom