Duck Eggs with saddle air sacs, HELP!!!

mammaofmiracles

Chirping
May 22, 2017
Hello I'm on the start of day 19 of incubation with my duck eggs. They are in a little giant 9300 still air with both. vent holes open and they are sitting with pointy end down in an egg carton because they have detached air sacs. I candled them and two of them have saddled air sacs that go way down on each side! Will they make it?? The temp has been a constant 99.9 and humidity at like 50-60. They go into lock down in 7 days and I have no idea what to do!!!! What do I do??
What position do I put them in?
What temp and humidity for those 3 days?
Can they lay down for lock down??
I need help!! Lol thanks guys!!!
I can post a pic if that helps!

Hello I'm on the start of day 19 of incubation with my duck eggs. They are in a little giant 9300 still air with both. vent holes open and they are sitting with pointy end down in an egg carton because they have detached air sacs. I candled them and two of them have saddled air sacs that go way down on each side! Will they make it?? The temp has been a constant 99.9 and humidity at like 50-60. They go into lock down in 7 days and I have no idea what to do!!!! What do I do??
What position do I put them in?
What temp and humidity for those 3 days?
Can they lay down for lock down??
I need help!! Lol thanks guys!!!
I can post a pic if that helps!
Be calm ;). Saddled air cells not necessarily a deal breaker. @Miss Lydia ?

You can either leave them in a carton for lockdown, or you can lay them down. They can still hatch upright. If you decide to lay them down, positioning can be decided by candling and looking for the shoulders and lay that toward the floor.
Picture yourself sitting on the floor, knees up to your chest, head tucked down to your chest, face under your right arm. That's how they sit. You want to lay them down on their backs. So i look for the highest point, that's the back of the neck. The lowest point of the air cell is usually their front. being saddled, it would depend on which way they turn themselves.

Hope that makes sense. :)

:hit
THANKS, Relying on your judgement re when to call in the 'big guns'.:lol:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/found-duck-eggs.1174776/

Are these the eggs? @mammaofmiracles ?
Yep those are the ones! But I moved them into a little giant incubator (still air no fan at all) that I got. Oh and they aren't laying down anymore. They are vertical after I found detached air cells in all of them but saddled in two of them. Possibly from me running with them to my house after I found them??? :hit

Back
Top Bottom