DUCK EMERGENCY

@casportpony
@shawluvsbirds
@Miss Lydia
Have any of you seen something this before?

@Roger98
How old/young are these birds?
What exactly do you feed them and how long ago was the most recent time you brought a new bird home?

They're both a year and 5 months old. The only "new birds" are the 4 ducklings we hatched from them, other wise I haven't had any new ducks or chicken recently. They eat layer feed mixed with crack corn, and they are free range. They roam the property.

They're both a year and 5 months old. The only "new birds" are the 4 ducklings we hatched from them, other wise I haven't had any new ducks or chicken recently. They eat layer feed mixed with crack corn, and they are free range. They roam the property.
How much cracked corn?

Like a hand full mixed with the feed, I really only add the corn because they're housed with two roosters. Should I stop giving them corn?

One of the main ingredients of chicken feed is corn, so adding more into their diet, is really just not needed. I would stop, yes.

Are they acting fine besides the heavy breathing and mouth gunk? Do you have anything around your yard you think they may have eaten, are their nostrils clear?

One of the main ingredients of chicken feed is corn, so adding more into their diet, is really just not needed. I would stop, yes.

Are they acting fine besides the heavy breathing and mouth gunk? Do you have anything around your yard you think they may have eaten, are their nostrils clear?

Nostrils are clear and they seemed fine otherwise

I guess just see what they're like in the morning I don't know what you could do about it. 🤷

That's what I'm going to do. I left a big pail of water in their house so they can keep drinking if they need to. I was just most worried about them choking on whatever it is in their mouths.

Back
Top Bottom