1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck eye problem

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by whitehouse12, Mar 5, 2017.

1. whitehouse12

whitehouse12 Just Hatched

Mar 5, 2017
    I need help with my ducks eye she has been having problems with both eyes since September we have gone down the route of the vets using eye drops and she's been on a corse of antibiotics (tylan) for 10 days and still no good.
    Symptoms are ever couple of weeks or so she gets a slight milky coloured line across either her right or left eye and then the day after her eye is shut completely there is no discharge from the eye it just makes her very unhappy and she sits down a lot, doesn't want to route around like she normally does, but the day after she will be back to normal with her eye open back to her usual self
    she isn't scratching it so it's not irritating her.
    I'm just concerned as it's becoming a regular occurrence
    If anyone can help i would be really great full and she would too
    I'll take a picture and put it on

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining, but sorry to hear about your duck. I'm not sure if this is a condition specific to ducks, but the folks on the duck forum may be able to have some experience of this - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Good luck
    CT

1 person likes this.
  3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm afraid I'm not a duck keeper but I see you have now posted in the duck section. I'm sure the keepers there will be able to help you.

Good luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I hope someone over on the duck forum will be able to help you out.

Best of luck!

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    X2 on the advice above! Best wishes and hope your duck is okay!!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hope the duck people will be able to help you out.

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under whitehouse12 [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received some good advice and links, I will just wish you and your girl all the best.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Welcome to da club! I am so glad you joined us and I hope you will make yourself at home here! :frow

~Cuz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by