Duck feed?

Feed them what you feed your chickens if it's not layer then you can supplement with Nutritional yeast for the extra niacin they need. Until 10 weeks of age they will need 1 Tab per cup of feed daily. Crumbles to start. What breed?
I’ve never bought layer because I have multi age birds and lots of Roos lol
Thank you I’ll look for some. My lings are Muscovy:)

Chicken feed is not ok for ducks. They have different nutritional requirements. You need an all flock feed. I don't think 16 dollars per 40 pounds is more than chicken feed. Of course I am duck biased:love
It is when you go through almost 200lbs every 2 weeks lol although I’ve been able to buy less since I’ve been able to free range again.

The biggest difference in All flock and chick starter is the all flock has more niacin so it's more formulated for water fowl. But if you can't get all flock or duck starter it's fine to use chick starter and just supplement the extra niacin they need.
@Magnolia Ducks :hugs
This helps too!

Alley....have you seen my google sheet feed comparison chart yet?
LOVE The new dew!
No I haven’t! I’ll check it out!

Thanks! It’s shorter than I wanted but I still like it :)

I’ll have to see if I can find a label. I dump my bags in bins.

What @MillersFarm farms has available at their local store may not be sold at your local store.
There is always an option to order and have it mailed/delivered to your home but the shipping costs are pricey.
My all flock is $12.50 for 50 lbs. all my birds big enough for pellets do great on it! I’ll
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1upDVFXEQPK8PUIF6Sj3Bt5CUQfX1PlTEhg799sDT-qM/edit?usp=sharing

Notice I have a duck tab on the sheet too.
Some of the foods on the duck tab are labeled for ducks...some are all flock type feeds.
good job! I love all your research stuff!

I feed my ducks chicken feed since I haven't a choice for others feeds and I want to feed NON GMO . I have had ducks since 2004 and never had any problems. You have to supplement for the lack of niacin in the chick starter but that is no biggie. Nutritional yeast is available on line and at health food stores. Or B Complex liquid.
Oh, I thought you had your ducks on flock raiser?

Back
Top Bottom