Duck food

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by nachoqtpie, Oct 2, 2012.

1. nachoqtpie

nachoqtpie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    Jacksonville, NC
    So, I've been feeding my ducks (4 Pekin) the Dumor feed from TSC. I then switched to Nutrena Country Feeds because that what our local "non big box" feed place has. (My husband and I like to support local businesses whenever possible, and it didn't hurt that it was a dollar less expensive for the same drive distance!)

Well, I asked them if they had duck food, and apparently "most people just buy scratch" [​IMG]

They also have Nutrena All Flock, which is a little more expensive than the Layer feed.

What do you guys feed? I'm not ready to buy "a bag of this, a bag of that, and mix them with this" I just want to get a bag and feed for right now. (I'm not trying to sound rude, I just know that some people mix several different types of feed to get a "custom" feed)

Do you think that the 16% layer is better or should I switch to the 18% All Flock?

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I use an all flock Purina Flock raiser, we can only get Purina products in our small community, and I like the Flock raiser because
    I can feed it from hatch till death. I get crumble when I have youngsters and pellets when we don't have them.

3. nachoqtpie

nachoqtpie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    Jacksonville, NC
    Oooh! I guess I should see if they have that because it specifically says on the Nutrena website to NOT feed it under 7 weeks old

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Probably worth checking out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by