Duck has a weeping eye? Help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lauradal, Oct 18, 2015.

1. lauradal

lauradal New Egg

Oct 18, 2015
    Hi all I'm new on this but my female Peking duck lily was attacked by a fox in broad day light two days ago, as soon as we heard her getting taking (thanks to our chooks making the biggest racket) we ran out calling for her with the German Shepard trying to track the scent and some how she manage to escape and came hobbling up to us, not quacking or anything, just limping. Anyway she has a pretty big wound about a third down her back, you can see the puncture holes and we called the vet whic they advised to put cetrigen on and keep her in a dark quiet place until Monday (today) then take her in if she survived so we did all that and she's doing well, we are yet to take her to the vet but last night I noticed her eye weeping and it looked like a tear then today I noticed small bubble forming in the corner of her eye and was wondering in this was some sort of sinus infection or eye infection etc? All helpful opinions welcomed, we couldn't stand losing our beautiful lily as she was hand reared and still follows us around like a little dog.
    Thankyou

2. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG] You might want to post in the Ducks section of BYC.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You may also want to post on the "emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread. I hope she(he) will be okay. Watch for signs of infections, puncture wounds can be tricky

4. N F C

N F C just blowing in the wind Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :) x2 of drumstick diva's advice. "Weepy eye" is the colloquial phrase for conjunctivitis, which is an irritation of the conjuctiva.

6. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

How does your duck seem to be doing now?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by