Duck hatch-a-long october/november!!!!!! come join!

My son (she likes him best) asked her to stand up so that he could peak......

She stood up for a few seconds, not long enough for him to actually look closely at the eggs, but it was clear that none had hatched yet. It is true that she wasn't sitting very tightly for the first two days......does that mean I should count her due date as tomorrow???

I can't wait for the babies!! We have the most beautiful colors of Muscovies! So, the babies should be a rainbow of colors!

And, it is SO COLD today, brrrrrrrrrrr. I am sure th babies will be OK though, I put a baby feeder and waterer in the insulated coop where the duck is brooding, so I don't think she would be so silly as to take the babies outside.....I guess we will have to just watch and see.
do ducks lay eggs like chickens do?......all the time?

Mine are in lockdown... I have three that have brown|orange beads coming out of them. Does anybody know what this is? It happened after dropping a little water on them without meaning to. The smell isn't strong at all, (from what I've seen, it's supposed to smell a little bad) I don't know if they are rotten by smelling. I was just going to wait until day 23 and then pitch the ones that didn't come out. Anybody know

Mine are in lockdown... I have three that have brown|orange beads coming out of them. Does anybody know what this is? It happened after dropping a little water on them without meaning to. The smell isn't strong at all, (from what I've seen, it's supposed to smell a little bad) I don't know if they are rotten by smelling. I was just going to wait until day 23 and then pitch the ones that didn't come out. Anybody know

I'm sorry to hear that I don't no wt that is never heard of it just keeo asking one this site someone will no!

I found only one thread on this
ep.gif
, and I think that I am going to wrap them in paper towels and hope they will not explode and hatch. It seems like nobody knew what it was except for one person, and she said that that happens a lot of times for her and they always hatch, but all the others who had no idea what was going on said to toss it or wrap it in paper. so i am going with leaving it there till day 23, and wrapping it in a paper towel just in case.

Back
Top Bottom