Duck hatched a Chick... but where is it!!?!?

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
Yesterday one of my Muscovy girl hatched out a baby chicken.. along wiht one of her own ducklings. Well we were just getting ready to leave when i found them so for fear that she would accidentally squash the chick, i mived it over the a banty cochin hen that's been acting rather broody lately and has also adopted MANY chicks in the past. after a minute the baby snuggled under her and she seemed to welcome the little fluff so i left it at that...

well when i got back I checked for the hen & chick and couldnt find tham ANYWHERE! freaking out i ran around the field and finally found her but no baby! i quickly hurried back to the coop and did a search and was relieved to find that she had passed off the baby to another momma duck when she decided she wanted to go back outside!

it was just too funny but i was happy to see that they were all so good to the little chick, all 3 mommas, lol. My own little chicky/ducky day care system
lol.png

Last edited:
Oh dear!
I was so worried that story was going to be a sad one!

hugs.gif

Reminds me of the time my uncle's Hereford cows would leave their calves with a big Sorrel horse when they wanted some girl time.

Back
Top Bottom