Duck health questions

juliechicks

Chirping
Feb 8, 2013
Hello,
While feeding my ducks and geese this morning, I noticed that one of my Buff ducks has what appears to be swollen glands on her head. (her head appeared to be swollen) I picked her up to take a look, but didn't see anything that stood out. Her appetite is the same as always. Looked on the internet, but that just took me down some scary rabbit holes. Any thoughts?
Thanks! Julie

I went out to feed them and take a pic this morning and she actually looked a lot better. Is there any way that she could have eaten something while rooting around during their free-range time? We live in very wet western Washington. I bought some probiotics to put in their water just as a precautionary. Does anyone add supplements to their ducks' water?

I ran all over the yard and couldn't get a good enough pic. Also was trying to stay away from my male goose at the same time.

If her face was swelled up, it could have been a sting bite. Hard to know without pictures of the duck. If you get some when she is laying, or in the coop, that would be much easier.

Finally got a pic yesterday. Her eyes seem swollen and weepy. Appetite good, speed while chasing her down is good also. Not laying at this time.
PXL_20201106_154230925.jpg
PXL_20201106_154230925.jpg

Back
Top Bottom