rehome the girls if possible

Attachments

• 735B174B-0B4D-48A0-A5ED-5AB562177320.png
    735B174B-0B4D-48A0-A5ED-5AB562177320.png
    738.5 KB · Views: 16
We plan to butcher several males, just want to make sure which ones. I'm not sure if they are purebred or not, they were giving to us and the people had a large barnyard flock and I don't know if they kept breeds separate. This is just part of the waterfowl flock, we also have 6 Toulouse geese, and 7 ducks we had previously (6 Khaki Campbell [three are getting the chop this week], 1 Cayuga [female])

In some breeds, yes. The voice is the most reliable indicator (once past the duckling stage, of course). Also yes, the black ones with white chests are black swedish. I also believe I see a male and female golden layer. No matter the breeds, this amount of drakes with females will not work out. You either need to drastically improve the number of females, or remove/separate multiple males.
I agree quacks vs rasps is the easiest way for me to tell as well. I have Cayuga mixes and their head have a duller green in the females but the heads are still green.

We plan to butcher several males, just want to make sure which ones. I'm not sure if they are purebred or not, they were giving to us and the people had a large barnyard flock and I don't know if they kept breeds separate. This is just part of the waterfowl flock, we also have 6 Toulouse geese, and 7 ducks we had previously (6 Khaki Campbell [three are getting the chop this week], 1 Cayuga [female])
why not rehome the males instead?

Back
Top Bottom