Duck House/Pond Page Contest Spring/Summer 2012 - $20 BYC Store Gift Certificate

Is this acceptable:

Go to Lowe's
Locate pet isle
Load prefab dog house kit onto cart
Check out
Drive home
Open box and empty contents
Follow directions for construction
Build door
Add lock
Load in ducks

LOL

We didn't take many pics along the way of the new duck house (well we did, but somebody didn't check to see that there was no memory card in DH's camera and I didn't notice until I went to download them).
I'll try to put something together for the pond though.

Is this acceptable:

Go to Lowe's
Locate pet isle
Check out
Drive home
Build door
Add lock
Load in ducks

LOL

We didn't take many pics along the way of the new duck house (well we did, but somebody didn't check to see that there was no memory card in DH's camera and I didn't notice until I went to download them).

I know I'd like to see it! We need to build a duck house and that is one of the options we are considering!

Ahh, I would post some pics. But my duck houses are made of old wood, and are terrible looking lol. Great idea though! bayyjayy should post her duck house pic!

Same here I used old recycled wood to throw together an A frame for the ducks and chickens. Right now its like 4 different colors. And their pond consists of 2 plastic kiddie pool, and a 2 1/2 ft deep x 7 ft wide pond with a pool liner in it lol.

Is this acceptable:

Go to Lowe's
Locate pet isle
Check out
Drive home
Build door
Add lock
Load in ducks

LOL

Well, from the brief, sounds like you all should enter! As it says, it is not about the most decorative/expensive, its about the most helpful and I think for many new duck owners, seeing how an A frame could be put together, or, how to utilise a dog house to turn it into a duck house or old wood are just what they are looking for!

Go for it!!
thumbsup.gif

I know I would be interested in seeing ALL options! I have a strong feeling that our two runners are eventually going to want to get away from the chickens to stay nearer to the creek... Thus needing a place to rest their heads down there! Dog houses and small a frame buildings are first on my list
big_smile.png

Ok, the original duck house now has a coop page. I'll work on one for the new bigger duck house and the pond.
If anybody has suggestions on other info I could/should add to that page, let me know and I'd be happy to update it. Will be nice to just have a handy dandy link to post instead of having to dig for the pics and stuff now :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/small-duck-house-dog-house-kit

Thanks for adding this! I was looking at this exact dog house and this is extremely helpful! Do ducks not have the same issues with cedar that chickens do? That was one of my reservations about this particular dog house.

Right now I have a duck pond but no duck house. She won't go inside the dog house I tried but goes inside the chicken coop with the chickens every night. I figure it's safer for her anyway. But she loves her pond.

Where can I find more information about putting in a proper man made pond? How are they getting clean from all of the poo (for lack of a better term?) I would be putting in a small one. Big enough for no more than four-ish ducks. Any direction yo cold point me would be great!! Thanks in advance!!

Back
Top Bottom