Duck Identification

DuckDuckJuice

Songster
Feb 2, 2021
Ohio
Need help identifying a duck in a picture sent by a friend. She just moved to Texas and her neighbors have pet ducks. Some of the breeds I saw in the photos were Black Swedish, Muscovy, Rouen, Khaki Campbell, and Magpie, as well as a few geese. The last photo she sent was one I’d never seen before, but I’m leaning toward a type of Whistling Duck, though none of the photos online seemed to be a perfect match to this one. Thoughts?

Attachments

• DE2719D1-E58D-44B6-A5AE-1A4700B0E201.png
    DE2719D1-E58D-44B6-A5AE-1A4700B0E201.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 19
Need help identifying a duck in a picture sent by a friend. She just moved to Texas and her neighbors have pet ducks. Some of the breeds I saw in the photos were Black Swedish, Muscovy, Rouen, Khaki Campbell, and Magpie, as well as a few geese. The last photo she sent was one I’d never seen before, but I’m leaning toward a type of Whistling Duck, though none of the photos online seemed to be a perfect match to this one. Thoughts?
The ugly duckling has been found!

egyptian goose technicaly a type of sheld duck i think but it is commonly called a goose. where in texas is this as i am currently looking for some of these?
They live in Pipe Creek. That was the only one I saw in the photos, so I’m not sure if they’re in a position to breed or sell eggs. They seemed to have predominantly Muscovy ducks, with several individuals of other breeds/species.

Back
Top Bottom