Duck in serious condition

I don’t have ducks it I’ve treated wounds.
Pictures are helpful. Graphic is fine we’ve seen it all.
Definitely check for puncture wounds. Those can be more dangerous then large surface wounds.
I agree a good cleaning is in order. Diluted peroxide is ok if you don’t have something else. But only use it once. It kills good bacteria too.
Warm and comfortable with the least amount of stress possible.
Post pictures and we can go from there...

My dad put her in a cooler and then put a towl on top, i believe that might be good enough.

I dont have Neosporin, i saw many acticals about using it and i dont have the time to buy it either sadly... is there any good replacement? I also dont live near any vet either.

I don’t have ducks it I’ve treated wounds.
Pictures are helpful. Graphic is fine we’ve seen it all.
Definitely check for puncture wounds. Those can be more dangerous then large surface wounds.
I agree a good cleaning is in order. Diluted peroxide is ok if you don’t have something else. But only use it once. It kills good bacteria too.
Warm and comfortable with the least amount of stress possible.
Post pictures and we can go from there...

I'll definitely try ti post pictures soon!

I dont have Neosporin, i saw many acticals about using it and i dont have the time to buy it either sadly... is there any good replacement? I also dont live near any vet either.

What do you have available? Neosporin can be bought at any drug store, so anything else I could recommend would have to be bought at the same place, so if you don't have time to buy Neosporin you won't have time to buy any of the other ointments either.

I would also see if you can get an oral antibiotic to protect the duck from infection. If can’t get need topical antibiotic. Keep wound clean. Don’t put back with flock till healed. I would look for a vet and take in myself to avoid further complications and determine if needs suturing.

Hi, so today i went to go out to get my duck Mrs. Quackers my khaki campbell duck inside her mini home (dont judge the name) and when i was looking for her i saw her fluffed up in my dried up pond, hurt with a dog bite on her back. This is not the first time this has happened, one time my neighbors dog killed my female khaki. Besides that, the wound was pretty big and im worried and i heavily care about that duck (i even named it) and she makes me feel better. My dad but iodine on the wound and some bandages... does anyone think she will survive? I decided to ask this before i go to bed and sleep.

More info on my duck:

She is a tiny female khaki campbell and she is a year and a few months old. Im extremely worried and i hope she isnt dead when i wake up.
Hi, so today i went to go out to get my duck Mrs. Quackers my khaki campbell duck inside her mini home (dont judge the name) and when i was looking for her i saw her fluffed up in my dried up pond, hurt with a dog bite on her back. This is not the first time this has happened, one time my neighbors dog killed my female khaki. Besides that, the wound was pretty big and im worried and i heavily care about that duck (i even named it) and she makes me feel better. My dad but iodine on the wound and some bandages... does anyone think she will survive? I decided to ask this before i go to bed and sleep.

More info on my duck:

She is a tiny female khaki campbell and she is a year and a few months old. Im extremely worried and i hope she isnt dead when i wake up.

Edit=
Day 1: my sister just check on my Mrs. Quackers and she is alive! I believe she'll survive this!

....my parents just contacted me that mrs.Quackers didn't make it. R.i.p mrs. Quackers i will always miss you♡

Back
Top Bottom