Duck Injuries!!!

Update on my hens. The one lost a toe on each foot the other lost both of her feet one slighly past her knee the other before the knee. She is healed and getting around okay.
How is the one getting around have you padded her legs and wrapped so she doesn't cut up her skin?

Happy to hear they survived.

I have her in a smaller pen and then have to check on her every few hours to check for cuts. Yesterday she scrapped her one leg real good so I washed it and put on some iodine then a pad with skin tape and put her back in her coop till it heals alittle. I am hoping to work with her to develop tougher skin but not sure if that will happen. So I am getting that athletic wrap and use it to wrap her stubs for some cusioning. I am hoping the althelic wrap can surivie mud and water so that I can let her out if the coop more and put a pool in her pen.

I have her in a smaller pen and then have to check on her every few hours to check for cuts. Yesterday she scrapped her one leg real good so I washed it and put on some iodine then a pad with skin tape and put her back in her coop till it heals alittle. I am hoping to work with her to develop tougher skin but not sure if that will happen. So I am getting that athletic wrap and use it to wrap her stubs for some cusioning. I am hoping the althelic wrap can surivie mud and water so that I can let her out if the coop more and put a pool in her pen.
I hope so, she sure sounds like she has been through an ordeal and you too.

Back
Top Bottom