Duck Integration Information Overload

She's plugging along. She's not fully integrated yet. My ducks haven't fully accepted her. She seems to prefer being with the chickens... unless they get too close.

I'm going to take them into the front yard tomorrow to fo some foraging together if I have time (I'm prepping for Turkey Day)

That is great that she doing well with everyone. There can be quite a range in how long it takes to full integration, from days to up to months. After the chaos of turkey day is over, I would love to see some photos of her.
Really the only thing that's keeping me from taking pics is that my phone's camera is terrible! I'll grab some tomorrow while I'm out there working on the coop. I'm adding a bunch of high perches and a second roost/poop board to appease my high-flying pullets. My Appenzeller Spitzhauben and my Naled Neck really like to get some air! I figure it'll give the more to do in the coop during those winter days they're stuck inside.

I'm unable to do much work in the coop today. I'm prepping for Thanksgiving because I just found out I'm expecting more people tomorrow, so that means rearranging furniture. I have a small house now that 2/3 of the kids are gone. Only thing is, when they leave, the next time they visit, they often have significant others. And one of goat has scours. That's never fun.

Anyhoo, Julep continues to adjust. She's already learned which chickens not to harass. And she's decided she doesn't like the rooster. Can't say I blame her. He is a bit high strung.

Here she is chilling with the other ducks:
20211124_125158.jpg

I wish she'd go swimming. The others are so happy when they swim. They'd probably love one more in the pool. I may just put her in the pool this weekend.

Her feathers are already looking better today. I think having the buckets helps. I doubt she had access to that regularly. She might experience wet feather, but I can work with that if she does.

I bet that was nasty.
I had a pet goat many years ago and it never got the scours thank goodness. I guess it would be hard to know what may have caused it since they will eat just about anything
Glad she is over it.
What breed? do you milk?

Back
Top Bottom