Duck Integration Information Overload

The duck looks like Cayuga, they get white speckled like that. My youngest runner is blk and she is 2 yrs old and very white speckled almost as much as my 5 yr olds. So this dick is probably at least 2, or close to it. Very pretty. I hope you can bring her home she needs a flock.
@shawluvsbirds has Cayugas.
Sorry it didn't work out with the mama hen and chicks. It would be pretty easy to set them up with a safe space inside a coop though if you wanted to try.

The duck looks like Cayuga, they get white speckled like that. My youngest runner is blk and she is 2 yrs old and very white speckled almost as much as my 5 yr olds. So this dick is probably at least 2, or close to it. Very pretty. I hope you can bring her home she needs a flock.
Sorry it didn't work out with the mama hen and chicks. It would be pretty easy to set them up with a safe space inside a coop though if you wanted to try.
Yeah, but the gal said the chicks likely have fowl pox. At least the chicken isn't solo. That's how it was communicated to me. I'd be worried I'd end up with another rooster, which would create a lot of unnecessary headaches.

If she's still at the shelter next month, I'll reconsider. I might be able to tell the sex of the chicks by then.

How sad that the little ones may have fowl pox. Hopefully, it's the dry not the wet. Yeah I understand about the possibility of another rooster. I went and bought 6 new chicks this summer all pullets. lol well all but one that turned out to be a rooster. I tried for 4 months to make it work but I ended up having to take him back to the breeder. He was a Speckled Sussex very big boy and my poor little bantams were terrified of him. He sure was gorgeous but it just didn't work. Plus I already have 2 roosters.

Yep. Looks like a
Pretty Cayuga duck to moi 🤗

Back
Top Bottom