Duck is pointing the floor with his beak.

kurak3000

Songster
Feb 24, 2018
Poland
Hi. I come with another mysterious question :)
One of my ducks sits down more often than the others.
Before he sits down he very slowly lowers his head down, just like in the picture.
When his beak touches the floor, his legs are shaking, he sits down fastly. It looks a bit like he wants to do a poo or stretch his back, or maybe adjust crop.
He eats special feed for ducks, and have water all the time. I think he will be drake, because others start quacking a bit.
Do you think he is behaving normally? Otrhers dont behave like that.
Link to movie clip:
(not showing the part when he is lowering his beak)

Attachments

• DSC08909.JPG
    DSC08909.JPG
    466.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
This is not normal. It almost looks as if he is using his beak for balance before he sits. He looks weak.

Is he eating/drinking/pooping normal?
Are his eyes and nose clear?
Does he sneeze or make any unusual noises?
How is his breathing?
Does he otherwise act normal?

@Miss Lydia @casportpony @chickens really

Hi. I come with another mysterious question :)
One of my ducks sits down more often than the others.
Before he sits down he very slowly lowers his head down, just like in the picture.
When his beak touches the floor, his legs are shaking, he sits down fastly. It looks a bit like he wants to do a poo or stretch his back, or maybe adjust crop.
He eats special feed for young ducks 0-4 week, and have water all the time. I think he will be drake, because others start quacking a bit.
Do you think he is behaving normally? Otrhers dont behave like that.
Link to movie clip:
(not showing the part when he is lowering his beak)

That's definitely not good at all. My recommendation is to start him on vitamins immediately, B12 Complex and maybe some Save-a-Chick water (powder packets are less than $1 each and make 1 gallon). You can let all of them have it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom