DUCK LEG ISSUES HELPP

Sadiemichelle

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2020
* pictures below & can get better ones if needed.
Hello everyone ! I posted here about a week ago asking for help with my duck! I at first was assuming she had a niacin deficiency and that was the foot issue. I have been giving 1 Ml of vitamin B complex for a few days now and not really seeing any improvement. Ive been looking up and doing more research and I’m not so sure it’s a niacin deficiency. I’m looking for any information or ideas on what the issue could be before I decide drive 2.5 hours away to a vet that can see my baby.
Thank you ❤️

Attachments

• 217D2E7E-742E-4DB3-80E9-ED6ADC35D65F.jpeg
    217D2E7E-742E-4DB3-80E9-ED6ADC35D65F.jpeg
    672.6 KB · Views: 9
  • EF802096-B866-422D-A8F1-56FD73A82960.jpeg
    EF802096-B866-422D-A8F1-56FD73A82960.jpeg
    722.3 KB · Views: 7
Not completely sure, but from the picture, it looks like your duckling may have developed perosis in the one leg, which can be a symptom of a niacin deficiency. Your best bet would be to have her taken to a vet. I should emphasize that she should be taken as soon as possible, if left untreated for a few more days/week there is a good chance for permanent damage.

Not completely sure, but from the picture, it looks like your duckling may have developed perosis in the one leg, which can be a symptom of a niacin deficiency. Your best bet would be to have her taken to a vet. I should emphasize that she should be taken as soon as possible, if left untreated for a few more days/week there is a good chance for permanent damage.
Oh no )): I looked it up and that most definitely looks like the issue ! Thank you so much for the quick reply. I will be calling the vet in the morning to get the appointment! It’s been about a week so I hope it’s not too late ):

Back
Top Bottom