Duck losing feathers & not laying eggs.

That's what everyone says. Lol, thanks... I know, i love her. She's even prettier when she has her black patches. I'm so glad y'all are out there. An hour ago I'm thinkin I need help. After all this little ducks been through, I'd hate it if she was sick. Now will this happen with the drakes as well?
Sure will. They even change color.

I've been mixing the Purina premium flock raiser crumbles with some dumor scratch.
They seem to like it & it seems like its good for them. I mean her eggs are always very nice and consistent in color, the yolk seemed very good as well. I also give them a few flock party quack snacks a day too.
1582408789460194416383.jpg
1582408789460194416383.jpg
1582408816210128828893.jpg

Attachments

• 0222201659_Film1.jpg
    0222201659_Film1.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 0
I've been mixing the Purina premium flock raiser crumbles with some dumor scratch.
They seem to like it & it seems like its good for them. I mean her eggs are always very nice and consistent in color, the yolk seemed very good as well. I also give them a few flock party quack snacks a day too.View attachment 2033160View attachment 2033160View attachment 2033161
Scratch feed is better served as a snack than mixed in. I would just stick to an all flock feed for their main food source. Only give a handful of scratch here and there as a treat. Your reducing the amount of protein and nutrients in the feed by adding the scratch, which usually has a lot of corn that doesn't provide a lot of nutrition.

Okay. And here I was thinking the opposite. I figured all that crap in there would be nutritious. Okay I will just stick with the feed. Is the flock raiser okay alone, or should I look for something else now that they are a little older?
Is it Purina flock raiser? That's a good feed for ducks.
It's good for them to also have healthy snacks like dandelion greens and peas if they can't free range.
If they can get out and forage they will find stuff on their own to supplement their diet. If they have no access to grass and green foods then they may need you to make them some duck salads occasionally.

Yea, they free range at least a few hours every day. And if I'm home, and its not dark they are out. I also get them some fish every now & again, live, or like now that everything's frozen I'll give them some salmon in water from the can. But only like once a week, Sometimes only every other week. Just as a treat. And yes its is the flock raiser.

Back
Top Bottom