Duck makes weird noises...

No discharge or anything, and she isn't wheezing. She just seems to do it for no known reason.
idunno.gif

My 3wk old duck does this too! That exact noise! Only when she is relaxed and laying down, not when she's actually sleeping, or standing or walking or eating or swimming or anything else. It's so loud! She started doing it at a week old and it has only gotten louder. She seems otherwise healthy so I'm not terribly worried about it, but I feel bad for her sibling who is stuck with her in a cage lmao. I'm actually relieved it's not just my duck, haha!

What breed is duckling? I have cayugas and they are always talking to themselves & each other and making some sort of noise (at pleasant volumes). The only time they're silent is when they're truly sleeping and when they're skywatching ( falling leaves, airplanes, songbirds, etc.) I always wonder what they're saying to themselves/ each other.

The honk part of the call sounds like its her voice changing. My girls went from peeps to honks to clucks.

I'm not sure i have time this week to look through the bajillion videos i took or if i was even lucky enough to capture their various noises on video when they were ducklings. But if i find one that has honk hum noises I'll share.

One of my ducklings is doing this also...I have 2 pekin and 2 muscovies they are 2 weeks old ...I just noticed it today....hoping it's not respiratory..

Back
Top Bottom