Duck makes weird noises...

One of mine 2.5 week old Welsh Harlequins makes the EXACT same noise as in the video. Primarily the noise when it’s sleeping but have heard it other times as well. Nothing else that would make me question health. Was initially rather concerned, but now I’m pretty sure it’s just odd snoring or a some sort of contented sound, lol.

It's my first night with 3 ancona (f probably ?) 6 week olds I noticed this same sound, when i played the video the 1 stopped & everyone tuned in, it was the exact sound ! I have a hunch that it might be self/group soothing for stressful situations ? Maybe one of the older or more care-giver type individuals in a flock at a given time coos when stuff is stressful, almost like a bedtime lullaby or something to amuse/settle the others, etc., lol? I'll keep observing, listening, etc., to rule out health issues, etc. They've also been panting some, also a sign of stress (it's warm, everything is new & temporary still & they feel it, etc.), though also potentially issues, so indeed I'll observe & listen ! Thank you!

It's my first night with 3 ancona (f probably ?) 6 week olds I noticed this same sound, when i played the video the 1 stopped & everyone tuned in, it was the exact sound ! I have a hunch that it might be self/group soothing for stressful situations ? Maybe one of the older or more care-giver type individuals in a flock at a given time coos when stuff is stressful, almost like a bedtime lullaby or something to amuse/settle the others, etc., lol? I'll keep observing, listening, etc., to rule out health issues, etc. They've also been panting some, also a sign of stress (it's warm, everything is new & temporary still & they feel it, etc.), though also potentially issues, so indeed I'll observe & listen ! Thank you!
:welcome

:welcome

Anyway you can make a video of what the noise is? You’ll have to put it on YouTube or Vimeo then copy an paste here. That’s the only way we maybe to tell you if it’s normal. Do you have other ducks?

Back
Top Bottom