Duck math??

DaYooper_Duck

Songster
Apr 28, 2020
Upper Michigan
So I hatched 5 ducklings less than a week ago, and recently read about 'chicken math'. I was wondering if the same concepts tend to apply to ducks and other fowl, or only chickens. Does anyone have any experience with this? How many ducks, quail, guineas, or other fowl did you start out with, and how many do you have now? I would love to hear about it!😁

So I hatched 5 ducklings less than a week ago, and recently read about 'chicken math'. I was wondering if the same concepts tend to apply to ducks and other fowl, or only chickens. Does anyone have any experience with this? How many ducks, quail, guineas, or other fowl did you start out with, and how many do you have now? I would love to hear about it!😁
2 ducks and within a year had 9 (sadly we had to rehome one, one passed away, and one was only a foster since our other boys couldn’t get along with him from that start so we knew we wouldn’t keep him)

11 to start, 9 males for eating, kept 2 females for eggs....I died, then added 3 more (2 females, one drake)....and 4 females ducklings.....Convinced hubby to let us try to have one hatching - as long as I don't keep them...we will see :hmm. Yep - they are addictive. BTW - just started with ducks last year :love

Started with four ducklings. Two pekin and two Rouen. That was 3 years ago. I then had three pekin but one passed away. I now have 2 pekin and 7 call ducks. A total of 9 ducks and 4 guineas. I’m already dreaming of hatching the calls eggs and they are only a bit over 2 months old... :oops: :lau

Back
Top Bottom