Duck Migration:

Matilda hen

Songster
7 Years
Apr 11, 2012
Ireland
My Coop
My Coop
Hello , this is very very important , so quick answers needed!! Should there be any wild duck's in Ireland this time of year? (Christmas Day) it's very important , and I need to know ASAP for personal reasons , and if so , would there be any chance of them , maybe winding up in a garden on their own , making distressed quacks? It was female.

A single duck making distressed quacks in a garden in Ireland? Tho I am in New England, I would make every effort to scoop it up into a safe ducky place with food and water while I sorted things out.

That' what i would do...but , when it happned at 5am , i ran out in my pyjama's , to get it , and there was nothing there , I searched everywhere , all my duck's were killed by a gun-dog 2 weeks ago , and I was very upset , so i'm beginning to think i'm hearing things!! It just dosn't seem possible that there was a duck there does it?

Yes, it could be possible. Is it brushy out where you are? Is there a porch or shed under which she might be hiding or stuck? Miss Lydia had a duck stuck between two wood piles for a day or so, once.

hugs.gif
So sad about the ducks you lost.

It's grand , i'm getting over it...but no , its as if there never was a duck , the shed is empty , apart from my babies feathers that i havn't had the heart to clean out , the stable is empty apart from the horse , and all the budh's are gone (winter , their just sticks in the ground now!) and nowhere else...

Back
Top Bottom