Duck pipped at the wrong end!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kyrose, May 21, 2011.

1. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Hello,this is my first time for hatching duck eggs.I have 1 that has a nice size hole in the wrong end of the egg.Its got the egg really rocking,and theres alot of peeping,and i can see the bill.Is there anything i need to do to help it or can it get out of that end?Ive never had a chick do it,so i have no experience with it.Also theres no zipping just that hole since Thursday night.Any advice is appreciated...

2. Amarisus

Amarisus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Fallbrook CA
    wish I could help but i know nothing about ducks and im only just starting to attempt hatching at all. Just wanted to wish you luck.

3. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Quote:thanks,i actually went ahead an zipped him,and now im waiting to see if he will finish pushing himself out..

4. Griffin Nest

Griffin Nest Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    California
    ehh... yeah i had a duckling who did that once. i helped him out very steadily. unfortunately, he died when he was 3 days old. and on my birthday too. [​IMG]
    i dont know what to say

5. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I've had birds hatch out from the wrong end and do fine, as long as they can breath

6. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Quote:im so sorry about your baby.well hes actually out of the shell and resting.i guess tomorrow after hes dry ill get a better idea of how hes doing.i noticed alot more slime then when i hatch chickens.is this normal?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by