Duck Pipped at Wrong End

THE DUCKLING DIED!!!!! IT HATCHED PERFECTLY BUT ANTS ATE THE DUCKLING AND KILLED IT!!!!
That is sad, where was the duckling that ants got to it? if in the nest on the ground you need to take mama and remaining ducklings out and clean out the nesting material make sure all ants are gone then put in fresh bedding and place mama and ducklings back on the nest, But not on the ground or they will be back. Very sorry.

Last edited:
Your gonna have to careful move momma, and Sprinkle some 7 Dust Around that nest, then put momma back. DANG, OMG, so close and yet, GRRRRRRRRRRR

Momma is NOT going to like you moving her but you have to in order to save the others, the ants are just going to continue for the next ones.

OMG< sooo sorry to hear that...

GUESS WHAT?
yippiechickie.gif
We went out for the day and when we returned, we came back to an ADORABLE FLUFFY DUCKLING sitting next to the mother!!!!
celebrate.gif
The mother and father are nudging her gently!
wee.gif
The other ducklings are hatching out now!
ya.gif
THE DUCKLING IS HAPPY AND HEALTHY! NO ANTS!! I think the ants came because the other duckling had blood around it's belly button, and the belly button didn't recede.

Last edited:
GUESS WHAT?
yippiechickie.gif
We went out for the day and when we returned, we came back to an ADORABLE FLUFFY DUCKLING sitting next to the mother!!!!
celebrate.gif
The mother and father are nudging her gently!
wee.gif
The other ducklings are hatching out now!
ya.gif
THE DUCKLING IS HAPPY AND HEALTHY! NO ANTS!! I think the ants came because the other duckling had blood around it's belly button, and the belly button didn't recede.
Congrats!!! now you might ought to put dad into a separate run for a while, drakes have been known to injure or even kill ducklings even their own.

Okay, but the dad just stands next to them chasing away the other ducks we have.
You know it's up to you but just recently someone posted about their drake killing a duckling. so it's something you just never know about, I keep my mamas and their ducklings separate from everyone else with fencing they have their own house that way everyone can see them and get use to the new ones but no one gets hurt or killed.

Up to you.
smile.png

You know it's up to you but just recently someone posted about their drake killing a duckling. so it's something you just never know about, I keep my mamas and their ducklings separate from everyone else with fencing they have their own house that way everyone can see them and get use to the new ones but no one gets hurt or killed.

Up to you.
smile.png
OH! Okay. thanks. So far
jumpy.gif
: 1 fluffy and out, 2 wet and out, 2 pecking their way out. I am so excited!!
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom