Duck pipped wrong end -- now out but with a bulge?? [PIC]

Wow, thank you everyone for your help.

Porky seems to be getting a bit better. He's not as weak before and I tried keeping him on the wet cloth but he keeps moving around to different places in the incubator.
He likes to rest in different places and chirp at things once in a while.

I'll keep posting Porky's progress as time goes.
fl.gif
hopefully he'll have a happy ending!

That was easy you helped her real quick. I have two call duck eggs and they have externaly pipped and it looks like theres a round whole on the top of the shell but the skin directly under the shell is white and you can see the bill trying to push through. Do i try to remove or put a whole in the white skin??? I have been spraying with warm water and they seem to be getting tiered. Help me if you can . Thank you very very much. Angie.

He probably just needs some rest to regain his energy and fluff up, so don't worry too much about his lack of movement yet. I've had a few that have hatched with that buldge and they've all turned out fine
smile.png

Good luck!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!!

You guys are so amazing. I don't know what I would've done without this forum.
Thank you for helping this first timer. It was a WONDERFUL incubating and hatching experience.

A little update on Porky:

Porky is sitting up and its eyes are twinkling. Thanks to the suggestions, I went and got some Poly-Vi-Sol and Porky perked right up.
There seems to be only dried up blood on the bottom. I can't really tell at this point if there's still a bulge but you guys were right! Porky dried up and can't tell much anymore.
I'm so relieved
wee.gif

I'll keep a close eye on Porky and I leave you a little picture as a thank you from the both of us
love.gif

IMG_2560.jpg
IMG_2561.jpg

Missy5 make a hole in the membrane and let it breath go to sundown silkies and follow her instructions on hatching I have hatched 27 call ducklings in the last 2 weeks and had to help them all and they are all doing fine .

Hello everyone!

My ducklings are now two-three days old.

Porky is doing great!! :) He just has dead blood clot looking thing where the bulge used to be. But he's eating and playing like any of the other ducklings.

I just wanted to post a few pictures of my lovely new family.

IMG_2564.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

IMG_2581.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

And lastly, here's Porky!
love.gif

IMG_2573.jpg

I'm glad that everything turned out okay. He looks great!!! I helped one out from my last bunch, and he turned out the most energetic of the whole batch. He had a bulge and splayed leg. I left him in the incubator a while longer, gave him electrolytes and vitamins, and tied his legs together for a few days, and he is as good as all of the others. It was great you were there to help him!

Back
Top Bottom