Duck pond cleaning

Dillonps

Hatching
Jan 29, 2023
Hello everyone! First off great site! I have had ducks and chickens for 6 years and never needed to post because your guys have gone over everything. I have been reading a lot but I could use some personal advice.

I’m making a little pond maybe 10X8’ how deep does it need to be? I want to keep it clean naturally. So my idea is to throw some barley hay and I have a 2 stage waterfall thing that I would fill with lava rocks run a solar pump then once in a wile clean out the rock beds. Can I use charcoal or does it need to be activated? I’m not sure if it’s a larg I bough system though. Also not sure on the size of the pump some are 10$ some are $300. Could you recommend a solar one for me, also if there’s a battery backup would it run at night so the water dosent freeze or would I need a little heater thing? I live in zone 7 on the border of the Carolinas. So not to cold but still top layer will freeze

Next question, you can skip there plenty of info but what works the best for you with the hole maggot or mealworm setup?

Final Question, off topic but I can’t find it. Do any one know off grid tech, like I remember this weird stick that would bend and straighten depending on pressure I think. My grandpa called it a bon**r branch haha. He also had a wind spinner that Jews used each way you looked it was a different shape. There was a glass J shape with water that did something… old timy stuff!

Sorry for the long post and thank you for this great community!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom