Duck possibly attacked or sick

I put them in early tonight. She went into the pool once but did nothing but stand in it, constantly looking around. She then went and hid back in the bushes. She was definitely most comfortable under some kind of cover, hiding from things from above. She drank some more. I didn't see her eat but she looked interested in the food when I put her in the coop, so hopefully she eats overnight.

The only thing I noticed was light green poop. Not lime green, but definitely lighter. She was eating grass and plants earlier, and no grain, so perhaps it's because of that.

She was walking normally and quacking at the drake, making the head-ducks towards him while I put them in. The hay is fresh in the duck coop, so if there's any strange poops I'll be able to see. I'm hopeful that by tomorrow morning she'll have eaten regular food.

Do you have a dog crate? If she were mine I would put her in a dog crate with food and water in a dark and quiet place, like my garage or bathroom for 24 hours.

Unfortunately no, no vets in the area who will look at 'exotics'. (well, there's one, but I don't have 300 dollars to fork over for the exotics fee) :(

I'll add some electrolytes to her water and then leave her be for awhile.

No sign from Mr. Owl, and the other ducks are looking fine. Splashing around in the pool.
Are you sure about your duck being attacked?
If i were you, i would also try to give her some charcoal, just in case she ate something poisonous. I don't know where you are located, here in WV I am seeing a lot of hairy caterpillars and one of my runners fell sick two weeks ago. The shaking concerns me, also the lack of interest in her surroundings.

Bless I’d try to coax her out so you can observe how she is acting it might be better to keep her up till she is completely over what ever happened.

I cannot get this little brat to come out from under the trailer. I tried to reach out to her and she stood up quacking and waddled further in. The water looks just dirty enough that she might have come out to drink a little while no one was looking. She was waddling just fine and from my looking her eyes and nose are still clear. Hopefully she gets her appetite back.

She doesn't seem to have any interest in going back to the other ducks. Maybe when it cools down later she'll come out.

Thank goodness, what ever happened to her really scared her good but glad to hear she is getting over it. Hopefully her appetite will come back soon too. :fl

Back
Top Bottom