Duck questions

Ok so I have a question I bought some blue Swedish ducklings I have them for 4 days now there not brand new baby's I have no idea how old they are but the place said they will be full grown in two months when do I put them outside into there pen
Pic please it will help us help you. are thery fully feathered or do they still have baby down on them?

Okay, the ointment may not be working in which case it's probably not external bacteria.  So I would stop that at least for a few days.

Please go over again:

what they are eating
what their drinking water is like
how often they get a warm bath
if you have a head washer in the brooder
what the bedding is
how warm the brooder is
if there's anything with a sharp edge on it in the brooder.

For now, I would use old towels for bedding, I would make sure duckling's getting two warm baths a day, make sure the brooder is dry and not swampy (it can be done, please search the forum for ideas), I would get a larger brooder box, I would get a thermometer to make sure the temperature is right and that there is a cooler spot in the brooder, I would get a magnifying glass and check for anything unusual on the skin.

They are eatting ultra kibble mixed with water. They are getting about a jug of drinking water preday. (I empty it because if the line shavings often) they have a head washer with out sharp edges ( I modified a tuperware container an i change that twice daily. they seem to like it better then the jug.) bedding is pine shavings i am changing it to straw. Same kind they were in at tsc. As far as the bathing goes the lady told me not to let them get wet till they had adult feathers. Not mites lice or other critters as far as I can tell.

Okay. I'm not familiar with it. Does it contain 18-20% protein? If it does, it should be fine. If it is higher or lower, I'd switch them to a feed that has that level for now.

Is the one still as red?

I accidentally bought that food once for my babies. It more of a diet supplement and not to be used as sole food source if I'm recalling correctly. I read the bag once I got home and was like, "oops."

Glad your guy is doing better! They are darling.

Back
Top Bottom