Duck run and coop.

rule4

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 28, 2013
I'm building a run and house for these my 4 new ducks and I was originally planning on this grand duck palace but have since decided to scale things down. What I have is the very early framework for what will be the run. Its 16x8 with a cool old tub for swimming. I was going to make a walk in coop but now plan on just a simple small stand alone coop in one corner for sleeping and protection from the elements.

I'm not sure how to go about roofing the run...I still need to finish quite a bit of framing, more support beams, raters etc. I basically built up the outer framework until it was free standing and called it a day. The whole project is being built from reclaimed lumber. I was planning using those clear plastic roofing panels similar to what I have in my coop. The run will be for spring through fall. In the winter they will have a small room in the main coop with a private small covered run where there is power for a heated water.

They seem to enjoy the rain so do I leave the roof open to let the rain in?

What do you think for the roof on the run... Something simple like predator netting or chicken wire, or should I stick with the original plan of corrugated plastic roof panels.
IMG_1744[845].JPG IMG_1745[846].JPG IMG_1746[847].JPG IMG_1749[851].JPG

I would put roofing... only because it becomes a soupy mess when it rains if you don't use gravel.

I agree. They are going to eat all that green in the run and then you'll just have dirt. It will get really messy and smelly too.

Back
Top Bottom