Duck Run Flooring

Cdacosta

Chirping
Jun 10, 2021
Hey everyone,
So I have only 2 pekins and they are in grass in the coop right now and have mud holes everywhere and I’m scared about bumble foot and want to know what I can do for a new flooring for them they are in the run when I’m not home and at night other than that they are free range!
thanks for your help in advance

Hey everyone,
So I have only 2 pekins and they are in grass in the coop right now and have mud holes everywhere and I’m scared about bumble foot and want to know what I can do for a new flooring for them they are in the run when I’m not home and at night other than that they are free range!
thanks for your help in advance
Search deep litter method.
It's just a little bit more complicated with ducks because they don't scratch stuff up like chickens do so you have to get in there and turn it pretty often.
I use kind of a mixture, straw pine shavings grass clippings, leaves just depends on what I have access to.

I spread grass clippings and some dusty hay/straw ( just from the barn floor ) on the run floor and pine shavings in the coop, a deep layer. For a cheaper option you could dig out the grass and just put down a layer of dry, loose, top soil ( not garden dirt )

Back
Top Bottom