Duck Sounds... What Do They Mean??

Collinska

Chirping
Apr 4, 2020
Arkansas
I am introducing ✨Tweety✨ he will be the star of today’s episode! He is my baby boy, we got him with another duckling once upon a time but sadly his brother/sister passed... We got him 2 new ducklings after he grieved (the fact that he had to go through that broke my heart and I learned how amazing ducks are!!) to keep him company but he was not very happy about it in the long run, so we adopted those two out. I am him flock now and I love him so much, more every day. He follows me everywhere, does dances for me when he goes swimming, and talks my ear off most of the day! Anyway, that will be today’s topic. He makes lots of noises and has many different quacks as any duck owner would know. I only have him and am learning as I go which means I am not completely versed in duck language. I can tell you based on his quacks when he’s hungry, excited, or tired but I don’t know what this one means. So calling all duck owners/experts can you tel me what this handsome guy is trying to tell me? The link to a video will be below and some pictures of him :)
Thanks,
Kaelan

Attachments

• 48C18443-1BC6-470F-BE52-B34B707526BF.jpeg
    48C18443-1BC6-470F-BE52-B34B707526BF.jpeg
    428.2 KB · Views: 100
  • A8E00770-85B8-4AA4-AB55-A798F9DC7F21.jpeg
    A8E00770-85B8-4AA4-AB55-A798F9DC7F21.jpeg
    686.1 KB · Views: 44
  • BBA47E3B-4481-431A-A5A3-A197CB580BDA.jpeg
    BBA47E3B-4481-431A-A5A3-A197CB580BDA.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 43
On another note, I’m not completely sure if this would have anything to do with it but about 4-5 months ago (around when his drake feathers came in) he started getting a little aggressive with me, he was biting at me and holding on to my skin, gave me a few little bruises, I wasn’t really sure what was happening but he seemed to calm down a little recently

I am introducing ✨Tweety✨ he will be the star of today’s episode! He is my baby boy, we got him with another duckling once upon a time but sadly his brother/sister passed... We got him 2 new ducklings after he grieved (the fact that he had to go through that broke my heart and I learned how amazing ducks are!!) to keep him company but he was not very happy about it in the long run, so we adopted those two out. I am him flock now and I love him so much, more every day. He follows me everywhere, does dances for me when he goes swimming, and talks my ear off most of the day! Anyway, that will be today’s topic. He makes lots of noises and has many different quacks as any duck owner would know. I only have him and am learning as I go which means I am not completely versed in duck language. I can tell you based on his quacks when he’s hungry, excited, or tired but I don’t know what this one means. So calling all duck owners/experts can you tel me what this handsome guy is trying to tell me? The link to a video will be below and some pictures of him :)
Thanks,
Kaelan
He is saying hi I believe!

On another note, I’m not completely sure if this would have anything to do with it but about 4-5 months ago (around when his drake feathers came in) he started getting a little aggressive with me, he was biting at me and holding on to my skin, gave me a few little bruises, I wasn’t really sure what was happening but he seemed to calm down a little recently
I think I have two drakes. The one I am positive about is a little aggressive and bites me/nibbles my hands and clothes. I pick him up or push him away/down gently, it usually gets the message across.

My guys and girls do that when I am with them. If theres no aggression involved, I'd say he's probably "happy chatting" with you. If there is something that my ducks want from me (fresh food, water, treats or loves), they usually make louder and shorter noises while they stare me down 😅

Back
Top Bottom