Duck suddenly lame.

I'm not entirely sure if flavored is okay. @Miss Lydia?

It is safe for babies, but would you be able to separate the lame duck from the others so she can eat more freely?
Well let me ask this really quick. Her legs are warm. And..... this is the bottom of her feet?

Attachments

• 20230521_195219.jpg
    20230521_195219.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230521_195207.jpg
    20230521_195207.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 4
I have cleaned her feet and I put antibiotic cream on and wrapped them. Bit at this point idk whst to do.... if I cover them so she doesn't kick it off she can't walk. If I make it so she can walk her feet aren't covered. I'm going to call the local vet in the morning. Her legs are warm to the touch and I know thats not a good sign and it means even tho her feet aren't swollen or that bad that this could have spread I just hope she fights with me. 😢😥

I've never seen Flavored B complex. I see it says natural berry flavor not sure exactly what that means.
If me I'd go and get the plain liquid B complex at TSC and use it. Plus the human one you have to give 2X as much.

While your at it get some Epsom salt to soak her bumbles and drawing slave and vet wrap lol

I've never seen Flavored B complex. I see it says natural berry flavor not sure exactly what that means.
If me I'd go and get the plain liquid B complex at TSC and use it. Plus the human one you have to give 2X as much.

While your at it get some Epsom salt to soak her bumbles and drawing slave and vet wrap lol
Thank you. We had to go get vet wrap and gauze for her feet last night luckily we had Epsom salt and thars what I used to clean her foot. :) she's very frustrated with me and her feet being wrapped today but there's a some spark abd fire in here that wasn't there last night. Lol I forgot she can be a sassy girl when she doesn't get her way.
OK another question. I'm sorry 🙈 can she have canned salmon to kinda help boost her vitamin intake?

If it has sodium in it I'd rinse it real good first.

As for her bumbles take your time and soak as long [days] as you have to to get the scabs where they will peel off easily so as not to injure healthy skin. Hopefully, once you get the cbs off you can get the infection out with sterile tweezers or it may even come out attached to the scab.

Keep us updated.

Update: daffy was able to stand up and support herself on her own again on Wednesday. Thursday she took a couple of small steps up assisted without falling. She is walking again! We went to the vet Fri. They said boosting her vitamins was a good thing and it has helped her progress forward they added antibiotic to our treatment plan and she is slowly getting better. She was kind enough to leave them a sample that they sent off to be tested just to see if it would tell us exactly what was going on cause we don't actually know. But as of right now she is on the up swing

Back
Top Bottom